Copies of stored files / Stored by Default

Two questions about Stored vs Linked files.Context is, I'm running a WebDAV server to store all my PDFs so that I can access them on an iPad:
188BET靠谱吗- is it possible to set Zotero to Store attachments by default?I've looked through settings, haven't found it, so I'm manually changing after I add papers ("Convert Linked Files to Stored Files").

- is there a good way to maintain a collection of all the Stored PDFs in a sensible/controllable format on the local machine?I'm paranoid, and want copies of all my PDFs outside of any cloud server.I'd be happy if it kept a copy of the paper from when it was a Linked attachment, which seems to be the case, but a) I'm not sure if I can trust it to always happen, and b) I don't know if I could replicate that on a new computer, e.g.188BET靠谱吗point Zotero to a the dropbox folder where all the papers are, or have a 'Download all Stored files to local storage' option.188BET靠谱吗In general, I'm thinking of the situation where I have my zotero library intact, but all of the PDFs need to be re-linked as the connection to the WebDAV storage has gone funny.
  • edited November 8, 2023
    188BET靠谱吗Zotero only creates stored files unless you manually add a linked file.If you're getting linked files automatically, you likely set up the ZotFile plugin to do that.See Stored Files and Linked Files.

And it saves all data and files locally by default, so you always have a full copy of everything locally unless you've changed the file-sync setting to download files "as needed".
Sign Inor Registerto comment.