Getting a repeated error

Any idea how to fix this?

"Your WebDAV server returned an HTTP 401 error for a GET request.

If you receive this message repeatedly, check your WebDAV server settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.

URL: https://".....

Could this be why my Microsoft Word .docx is saying the following instead of the bibliography?

"Bibliography:

Automatic citation updates are disabled.188BET靠谱吗To see bibliography, click Refresh in the Zotero toolbar."

188BET靠谱吗https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4642475/r5fr7yatn84k8onwamq4.png

Thank you!
  • No, those are two completely unrelated things.
    The error message indicates that authentication fails in connecting to your WebDAV server (could just be a wrong password, but could also be something else going wrong with the WebDAV server).

The issue in Word is what it says it is and should go away when clicking Refresh
  • Thanks Adam so much.

1.I tried entering the password etc.and got the following:
    "The WebDAV server did not accept the username and password you entered.

Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator."

2.I did click the Refresh but there was no luck in populating the bibliography.

Any ideas?
  • 1.Is an issue with your WebDAV then, as it says!188BET靠谱吗nothing to do with Zotero.188BET靠谱吗401 indicates 'unauthorized' -- that's probably all people can tell you from the Zotero end

2.Try switching to a different style and back?What word processor is this?
  • 1.I had a look.It seems that the website where I was storing the data for my PhD seems to not be running at this moment.Hopefully not permanent.

To confirm, that means my data is only being stored locally on my computer correct?

2.I'm using Mac 14.7.7 (preferred) and 16.24.
  • edited May 17, 2024
    Do you mean Word for Mac 14.7.7, as in Word 2011?188BET靠谱吗Zotero requiresWord 2016 or later on macOS.And Word 16.24 is an outdated version of Word from 2019.You should upgrade to a current version.

In any case, for Word 2016 and later, if this is a large document, I'd guess that you're just not waiting long enough.In a large document, it can take a while to refresh and generate the bibliography.
Sign Inor Registerto comment.