Can't save PDFs from via proxy

edited July 16, 2024
This discussion was created from comments split from: 188BET靠谱吗Zotero not saving Heinonline PDF.
  • Any updates on this issue?It's happening to me as well, not sure if this is the same issue but I only experiencing it when I'm at home and logging into Hein through my library's proxy (not when I'm on campus and the proxy is unnecessary).
  • 188BET靠谱吗Could you post a debug ID from Zotero (not the connector) for importing from Hein?
    188BET靠谱吗//www.brodersterzo.com/support/debug_output
  • Sorry for not responding sooner.Here's the debug ID: D2013798696
  • @dstillmancould you look at the debug, please?
  • Just flagging that this is happening to me on multiple computers, so it's not just something wrong with one particular computer.
  • Anyone have any updates on this one?The translators just don't work to snag PDFs on either Hein or JSTOR when I'm connected using a proxy.These used to work great.
  • I think this fell through the cracks.188BET靠谱吗I don't think Zotero saves the debug logs this long, so could you (with apologies) create another debug ID for a failed import as above?
  • Here you go (this covers an attempt in both JSTOR and Hein): D682847532
  • @dstillman-- could you see if there's anything (I'm guessing about proxy https issues, but not sure) in the debug?
  • Flagging this one last time...
  • I want to echo danepps's attempt to get this resolved.188BET靠谱吗It's been going on for a while and is a major impediment to using Zotero effectively.
  • @danepps: Sorry for the delay.Your institution's proxy server is just misconfigured.This wouldn't be specific to a given site.

You should point your IT department to this page:

188BET靠谱吗//www.brodersterzo.com/support/kb/incomplete_cert_chain

They (and you) can see that the SSL Labs test shows "Chain issues: Incomplete" for your proxy server.

@coreyrayburnyung: Unless you're at the same institution as @danepps, you should start a new thread and explain the exact problem you're facing.
  • Thanks, dstillman.I'm at a different school than Dan, but I'll send that link to my IP department because I expect it's the same problem.If that doesn't work, I will start a new thread.
  • @coreyrayburnyung: The point of starting a new thread and including your own Debug ID is that we can just tell you what the issue is.There's no way you would know from the above that this is the same issue if you haven't looked at the error report and run the above-mentioned SSL Labs test yourself.It might be the same thing, but you don't need to guess or waste your IT department's time on speculation.
  • My university's library got the issue with the proxy server fixed, and this functionality is restored!Thanks for your help!
Sign Inor Registerto comment.