"Magic wand" not finding DOIs

I am trying to add new sources to my project.However, with every DOI I enter into the magic want too I get this error message:

188BET靠谱吗Zotero could not find a record for the specified identifier.Please verify the identifier and try again.

These are legitimate DOIs.188BET靠谱吗I tried updated to the latest version (Zotero 7) but I am still having the same problem.

188BET靠谱吗https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u12719215/hzwbom5twpr0m4lduu52.png
  • Can you provide a Debug IDfor an attempt that fails, and also post the DOI here?
  • I am experiencing the same problem which is quite frustrating as I need to add to my references.The error message is exactly like yours.I will really appreciate if you can post how you managed to rectify the problem.Thank you
  • edited August 21, 2024
    188BET靠谱吗Hi, I also have the same error on Zotero 7 (Fedora 40, Flatpak version).The debug id is D1206174747.
  • edited August 21, 2024
    503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.
    The doi.org metadata service appears to be down.I'm afraid all we can do is wait for it to come back.

188BET靠谱吗You can still save by going to the article page and saving with the Zotero Connector.
  • For reference: this is a planned outage at api.crossref.org, apparently.See https://status.crossref.org/incidents/0klmfy35248s, which says
    This work has been rescheduled to take place between 20:00 UTC Tuesday, 20 August 2024 and 20:00 UTC Wednesday, 21 August 2024.
  • 188BET靠谱吗Nicely done on the pop-up notification in Zotero!
  • Had no idea that an update was taking place.Glad to know it wasn't me or my computer so thanks for the update dstillman!188BET靠谱吗Zotero really didn't advertise this well enough!Got a dissertation to hand in!
  • edited August 21, 2024
    @tracyball: Sorry, but to be clear, this isn't our outage.We had no idea that Crossref was going to be down for a day (and honestly it's hard to imagine why they'd need to shut off all lookups during a database migration).

Note that you can still 188BET靠谱吗save normally using the Zotero Connector.188BET靠谱吗Add Item by Identifier and PDF metadata retrieval are handy features but not at all necessary for normal Zotero usage.
  • Latest update from Crossref:
    We have decided to roll back today's release because of problems our technical team encountered during the deployment.We should have all services restored by 2300 UTC.
  • edited August 21, 2024
    It looks like it's working again.Sorry for the trouble.
  • 188BET靠谱吗I added many articles to Zotero by dragging and dropping the PDFs while the server was down yesterday.Now, the metadata is incomplete.I thought the data would be retrieved once the servers were available again, but the metadata still doesn't update, even when I try to re-identify the entry.

Is there any way to update/retrieve the metadata now?
  • edited August 22, 2024
    @User147258188BET靠谱吗: If you haven't restarted Zotero, you can right-click → Undo Retrieve Metadata.Otherwise, drag the attachment out of its parent, run Retrieve Metadata, and delete the old parent item.

If you're having trouble with a file not being properly recognized now, please start a new thread and provide an example.
Sign Inor Registerto comment.