188BET靠谱吗New built-in Zotero support on Boox devices!

edited August 23, 2024
188BET靠谱吗I haven't seen this discussed on the forum yet, but updated Boox devices have built in Zotero support.188BET靠谱吗You can add your Zotero account as a cloud service in the library tab and download papers from your Zotero account.188BET靠谱吗The pdf-reader syncs your annotations back to Zotero.This lets you use the built in PDF-reader with its fast rendering of strokes and automatic recognition of underlining as pdf-highlights.So far it works on my boox note air 2 plus but not on my boox Nova air which has an older firmware.

The only problems I've come across so far:
* The sync does not always start automatically.I'm not sure what triggers it.
188BET靠谱吗* Zotero recognizes highlighting and most underlining.188BET靠谱吗However, drawings are treated as part of the page and can't be deleted in Zotero.
188BET靠谱吗* It is difficult to find papers in the GUI so I use the Zotero app to put the pdfs in a collection and find them from the collection.
* I don't think it will work with epubs.

But it works very well.And there is much less lag with drawing than in the app.

My note air 2 plus is on the 2024-07-01 firmware.
  • Hi,
    188BET靠谱吗Any other user of this built-in Zotero feature, who might share feedback?
  • edited 7 days ago
    well spotted - many thanks! @oyvindbs.

188BET靠谱吗Just connected my Zotero account on Boox - the browsing is quite neat as it inherits the structure of the (web) library, also that it's quite responsive (think of using a file browser).However, as I use my own webdav for attachments - this is not supported by the built-in service on Boox, alas.However, with the built-in service I've been able to see the bibliographic details of my entries - just not the attachment itself.
  • 188BET靠谱吗It seems that attachments appears in boox just only when they are uploaded from a pc to the Zotero account
  • @jarombae
    I am using a Note Air 3C, firmware 2024-09-10.The native cloud sync does in general work, with all directories, items, and metadata available but there are two problems:
    1) It sometimes takes ~10 seconds to load the list of folders in my library
    2) PDFs are only available if they have been added to items by hand.188BET靠谱吗PDFs automatically downloaded by Zotero e.g.after automatically adding items with an identifier cannot be accessed.

The second point is bad enough to make this implementation unusable for me.Hopefully BOOX will fix the issue, but they have a bad reputation for support, so I'm not optimistic.
Sign Inor Registerto comment.