something going on with the path to the pdf

[Split from188BET靠谱吗Zotero will not open PDF]

The debug ID is D1125118548.Looks like there is something going on with the path to the pdf.
  • From Stored Files and Linked Files:
    Given the advanced nature of linked-file workflows, and the differences on individual systems, we're not able to help troubleshoot problems with specific setups.
    You're using linked files, so you'll need to debug this yourself.
  • I appreciate the response.That said, with no debug info, no error message, and a problem that came out of nowhere (nothing was changed beforehand) it's difficult (if not impossible) to troubleshoot.
    I managed to re-link all my files, but that means I probably lost all my annotations (fortunately the most important were imported in obsidian), which is not the best.I'll suggest you look into the problem since I'm not the only one experiencing it, and if that happens again (or to someone else) it would be troublesome.
    Thank you again for the reply.
    Regards,
    MC
  • 188BET靠谱吗The chance that Zotero randomly changed filepaths in your database is close to zero, and that's the extent of Zotero's involvement with linked files.This could be caused by a setup issue, by a permissions issue on your system, by a broken add-on...It's not a general issue, otherwise we'd have hundreds of similar posts here.

188BET靠谱吗You can look at the debug output yourself, which would tell you where Zotero is looking for files (which you could compare to where they are) so it's not like there's no debug information.
  • What happens when you right-click "Show File" on one of these PDFs ?
  • nothing.Looking at the debug it looks like the path gets repeated for some reason.188BET靠谱吗Like suppose the path to the file is X, and the file name is Y, Zotero is trying to open the file X/X/Y.pdf
  • 188BET靠谱吗Do you have a setting for Linked Attachment Base Directory (which only determines where Zotero *looks* for linked files, not where they are stored) ?

Have your linked files ever been moved in your OS to a different location (or did a cloud folder where they are stored change its path for example) ?

188BET靠谱吗There are two ways that paths to linked files can be stored in the Zotero database.If a LABD has *not* been set, the full path to each PDF (at the time it was added) is stored explicitly.Once a LABD has been set, each file's full path is replaced in the database (itemAttachments table) with an "attachments:" prefix.188BET靠谱吗That tells Zotero to insert the LABD set on that particular computer in place of the prefix, in order to construct the path to open the PDF.
  • 188BET靠谱吗I set the Linked Attachment Base Directory when I first set up Zotero, but nothing has changed since then, and that's where my confusion about this problem comes from.
Sign Inor Registerto comment.