Doe &/and Smith: Can I put something else but the "and" or "&"?

Hi,

my university journal changed regulations and now I need to change he and="text" to ideally something saying u.(for german und).Would that somehow be possible?

Thank you!:)
  • edited December 12, 2016
    What style are you using?And do you want all the formatting words (editor, etc.) in German or just and?
  • edited December 13, 2016
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am talking about this one, that I wrote many years ago: 188BET靠谱吗//www.brodersterzo.com/styles?q=id:veterinary-medicine-austria
    Doing the german localisation for the whole style might be a project I take on in the next months.I'd really need to read up on the the whole CSL story though.

P.S.: A friend actually once fixed 2-3 issues including adding a little bit of localisation and I just made a pull request for the changes on GitHub (I'm a newb with this).
  • CSL has a full locale file for German.You just need to set the default locale for the style to German.

See here:
    http://docs.citationstyles.org/en/stable/specification.html#locale
  • but German would use "und" for "and" so you'd have to specify "u." instead as outlined in the specifications.
  • edited December 13, 2016
    Great.Thanks.I'll read up on that.

But that still leaves me with an "und" and not a shorter "u." as specified by the journal, right?Is there a way to do that?
    Also, some people use that style to write in English and some in German.Can you make two styles for the two different languages?
  • 188BET靠谱吗if a style is used in multiple language, we generally remove the default locale and you can then set the language in the Zotero (or Mendeley) Word add-on.
  • Thanks, Adam.
    Could you also comment on how to specify the "u."?I looked and just can't find where in the specifications that would be.
  • Something like

u.

• Thank you Adam.
    Been playing around with this, but it doesn't seem to work.The language changes fine in Mendely/Word, but the locale override with the does not work.
    Is there something wrong?